CPRA and data intelligence provider ActiveXchange are pleased to announce the launch of the Canadian Parks, Recreation and Sport Infrastructure Database.
Essential Facility and Demographic Information – All in One Place
The database centrally collates information about parks, recreation, and sport facilities across Canada, including location, size, amenities and age. This information drives additional insight with these features:
- Dashboard highlighting infrastructure and facility metrics and benchmarks, including per capita counts at the national, provincial/territorial and local levels.
- Movement mapping module illustrating the casual, typically non-measured, use of active environments over time and across periods of the year.
- Community profile mapping illustrating populations, health, and wellness demographic profiles at neighbourhood, city, and provincial/territorial geographies across the country.
- Ability to make infrastructure comparisons across provinces and territories, municipalities, and neighbourhoods.
- Determine the proximity of facility provisions to various equity-deserving populations and demographic groups.
Sign up for a Free Account
You can sign up for a free account here. The database provides open access to non-proprietary facility information. If you are a facility owner/operator, please use your work email so that you can be assigned to your organization’s account. The Database is currently only available in English. CPRA and ActiveXchange are currently working on a bilingual version.
Click here to access how-to videos that will help you get started updating or entering your community facility information.
To view the FAQ from the recent webinar, click here.
Join the CPRA infrastructure database group on The Bench to find out about other resources and training.