CPRA GREEN JOBS INITIATIVE
The Canadian Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) has secured Government of Canada funding via Parks Canada to support a “green jobs” program for youth. This program will provide direct financial support (via wage subsidies of up to 50%) to local governments (municipalities, Indigenous communities, etc) and other sector organizations, supporting 700 jobs that focus on employing youth in the conservation and enjoyment of nature and culture.
The goals of the Green Jobs Initiative are to:
- Create meaningful job experiences for 700 youth across Canada
- Provide much-needed support to communities to hire additional youth to advance their green priorities
- Provide job placements for youth, particularly those facing barriers, allowing them the opportunity to gain skills and build experience in the green sector
- Application Deadline: September 24, 2021
- Notice of Decision: September 30, 2021
Eligible organizations should submit their applications online.
Click here to preview the questions that will be asked in the application form.
For assistance with completing your application, or should you have any questions, please contact your Regional Project Manager.