CPRA GREEN JOBS INITIATIVE
The application period is now closed.
The Canadian Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) has secured Government of Canada funding via Parks Canada to support a two-year “green jobs” program for youth. This program will provide direct financial support (via wage subsidies) to local governments (municipalities, Indigenous communities, etc.) and other sector organizations, reaching nearly 280 jobs (approximately 140 per year) that focus on green career-related activities.
The goals of the Green Jobs Initiative are to:
- Create nearly 280 meaningful job experiences for youth
- Provide opportunities and learning experiences, for nearly 280 youth to build skills and become successful in the workplace
- Build a generation of youth that will value nature close to home and potentially pursue an opportunity to build a career in the green jobs sector
- Generate much needed support to local governments and other sector organizations to hire additional youth to advance their green priorities
- Application Deadline: June 23, 2023
- Notice of Decision: July 14, 2023
- Earliest Start Date: April 1, 2023
Eligible organizations should submit their applications online at https://www.cognitoforms.com/CanadianParksAndRecreationAssociation/GreenJobsInitiative2023.
For assistance with completing your application, or should you have any questions, please contact your Regional Project Manager.
Click HERE to preview the questions that will be asked in the application form.
CPRA encourages applicants to submit proposals in English or French and commits to ensuring high quality review of applications submitted in either official language.