CPRA/ACPL Website and Online Community
The CPRA websites do not collect personally identifiable information on site users unless expressly provided to the CPRA by the user. It does collect general, non-personal identifiable information about anyone visiting the website. This includes information about your location and the type of device used to access the website. By accessing this website, you consent to the collection of this information.
If/when your use of the CPRA websites prompts you to share personal information with the CPRA, you consent to the collection and retention by CPRA of said personal information.
CPRA collects any information or content you have provided to the CPRA and/or posted on any profile you have created. This includes information in or about the information or content provided (i.e. metadata in a picture). CPRA collects information that other users or members may provide about you. By accessing this website, you consent to the collection of this information.
CPRA collects information and data about how you and other site users use and access this site. This includes information about the type of device used to access its website. CPRA uses this information for the purpose of improving the site. This information may be retained for an indefinite period. CPRA also retains backup copies of the information in order to ensure reliability. By accessing this website, you consent to the collection of this information.
Information shared on The Bench website is member-provided and does not represent an official policy or opinion of the CPRA.
The CPRA shares information it collects with its members, its staff and consultants, agents, advisors, and its provider of web services. CPRA does not use or share site data with others for commercial purposes (aside from website analytics). The CPRA may provide site information to others when required by law.
Data hosting and hosting security are provided by third parties contracted by the CPRA.
Concerns about data security should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPRA Use of Personal Information
- Identifying Purposes: In general, CPRA’s purpose in gathering personal information is to improve our overall business performance. We use your personal information to aid us in providing our services to you and the public and for other general business purposes such as billing or client verification.
- Consent: The consent of an individual is required before CPRA collects or stores any personal information. By accessing the CPRA website, you consent to the collection of non-personal identifiable information about you. This includes information about your location and the type of device used to access the website. In the event that when using the CPRA website, you provide any personal information to the CPRA, you consent to the collection and storage of that information.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to only that which is necessary for the purposes identified by CPRA. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means. CPRA also collects general internet data, including but not limited to IP addresses, previous internet history and cookies.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Information that is non-identifiable to specific individuals may be used for statistical purposes.
- Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. CPRA utilizes password protection, secure servers and other security systems, which are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and in line with industry standards.
- Openness: CPRA’s privacy policies relating to information are available to all clients or candidates upon request.
- Individual Access: Upon request, anyone may view their information that is kept on file with the CPRA.
- Challenging Compliance: If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy or this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.